We finally got to visit the Fitisemanu family up in Taylorsville (South Salt Lake) who Elaine knew from New Zealand and we had a great time with them. We enjoyed the opening social/event they had at Wymount where the kids got to paint their faces, go on jumping castles and eat free food and the big news was that after 20 years of driving I was good enough to pass my USA driving test.....whewwwwww.....
School/MBA is going good. It is so intense and I always feel like I am behind and catching up (probably true) but I am enjoying the classes and slowly making ground I think. My big achievement has been getting my 8 page CV down to the standard 1-page resume used in the USA and there is always a laugh close by as my Marketing professor seems to think it is an awesome joke to keep commenting on how I am from New Zealand (an intentional jibe), eg. 'So Stephen, how do they do this in New Zealand?'. I am here to make friends so I entertain him with some fun clipart each week like this:

Of course we celebrated Elaine's birthday, supported Sarah in her first USA track meet, started to see the leaves change colour and welcomed Mum & Dad on the last leg of their USA journey after they left Denver and Andrew and Callie. We were very blessed to spend the conference weekend in Salt Lake City and Andrew and Callie (and kids) also drove over to visit so we all had a picnic together for Mum's 59th birthday. Mum & Dad's visit was big news here and they even got a spot on Fox13 news in Utah. (Click to view)
It was great to see them all. Along with conference sessions together, that was wonderful.
Here are some of the visual aids to my summary above:
![]() |
| USA - Month 2 |




Great Photos! Looks like you are having lots of fun. Sarah seems to be fitting into BYU life with ease. Maybe she will go back when she goes to Uni ;0)
ReplyDeleteTHanks for the update. That station in Provo looks beautiful! And well done Sarah on your race.
ReplyDeleteWe stayed at U of U this time last year for conference on your dad's recommendation and loved it! The Trax station was very handy.
ReplyDelete-Daniel
Things sound great over there. And wow - I guess you Aussies really stand out why you got on the news ;) Much jealous of your conference attendance! Ah well, one day :D
ReplyDelete