Friday, February 27, 2009

Tagged?? Yes, I read you blog Kara...(& Callie)


I am not sure how many people follow these steps exactly as I tried this and several combinations of 6th folder (Sep 2002), 6th photo etc and got nothing of any merit to our blog readers.  I finally tried the 6th folder in our family photos and the 6th photo from the top was this lovely one of our Sarah.  Isn't she cute - and still is.  She will be eight years old and be baptized in our Church this year.  How time flies.

(6th photo in the Family folder was one of Andrew & Callie so I am not sure that be fair..)

Not to disappoint, I counted back 6 from the end of this same folder and got this one...We all had a family outing to Harry's Hut for lunch at Cooloola National Park.  Dan and I wanted to scope out the campsite for Young Men's and had struck out not long before due to some bad weather and water over the dirt track.  So I came up with the idea to have a family outing where we drove to Elanda Point (camping memories from our childhood) - via Eumundi Markets of course - and then hired two outboard boats (so slow you didn't need a license) and went up Lake Cootharaba and the Noosa River to Harry's Hut.  Had lunch and then came back.   


Some highlights were us trying to get into the boats 100m out after walking to where it was deep enough.  Also me running one of the boats and when we went to stop at the Kinaba Info Centre I was coming into the jetty and realised I had no idea how to stop the thing so just held onto the boat in one hand and grabbed the pilon rope from the jetty on the other and there was a little crash but no injury to boat or person  :)  When we came back we were running against the wind and had to stop 100m out into the lake as it was so shallow/windy and we all had to jump out and wade back to shore..

We had a great time and it is a fun memory that taught us that it is nice to spend time with your loved ones, but even better to be doing something with them...



No comments:

Post a Comment